Title: Accounting Clerk
FLSA Classification: Hourly Non-Exempt
Reports to: CFO
Overall responsibility: The Accounting Clerk is responsible for the day to day accounts payable processing and payment; providing accounting support and information for managers, staff, and vendors in the areas of accounts payable, employee expenses, record keeping and systems; uses QuickBooks to access information and to ensure accuracy of invoices, payments, and coding of expenses. The accounting clerk is also responsible for the day to day accounts receivable payment processing and refunds; providing accounting support and information for managers, staff, and vendors in the areas of accounts receivable, program registrations, record keeping and systems; uses QuickBooks, Gold Mine, Gold Mine Manager and Authorize.net to access information and to ensure accuracy of invoices, payments, refunds, and the coding of billing items, scholarships and financial assistance. Researches and responds to applicable questions.
Key areas of responsibilities:
- Preparation and processing of accounts payable invoices and payments.
- Ensuring that payment is timely and accurate.
- Maintain files accurately.
- Ensure accurate input, proper expense accounting, and prompt payment and filing of paperwork.
- Assist in identifying vendor discounts when available.
- Interact with vendors assuring proper services.
- Maintain independent contractor files
- Makes recommendations for improving efficiency and accuracy of information.
- Provides basic purchasing and accounts payable and receivable orientation to new employees.
- Maintains confidentiality of financial and personal information.
- Processes employee expense reports and payments in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Preparation and processing of accounts receivable invoices and payments.
- Ensuring that client credit card processing is timely and accurate.
- Ensure accurate input, proper item coding, and prompt processing and filing of paperwork.
- Assist in identifying client financial assistances when available.
- Interact with staff assuring proper invoicing of services.
- Maintain credit voucher report.
- Provide backup support for on campus store.
- Maintain and control on campus inventory levels and reports.
- Make purchasing recommendations and processes purchase orders for stock refills.
- Reconcile credit card payments and cash deposits on a daily/monthly basis.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Maintains OI Standards to include:
- Maintain positive client and staff relationships.
- Respond appropriately to client inquiries and concerns to ensure total satisfaction.
- Reach out to Accounting Supervisor for any account payable or account receivable issues or needs that are out of the ordinary.
- Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments.
- Follow the Standards for Option Institute Staff.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates degree preferred.
- Understanding of bookkeeping procedures.
- 1-2 years of relevant working knowledge of AP and AR processing.
- Strong computer skills in a Windows environment to include Excel and Word, and QuickBooks.
- Ability to work independently.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a team setting with diverse groups.
- Outstanding analytical, organizational and oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit, communicate, reach and manipulate objects, tools or controls. Minimum physical exertion. Duties involve moving materials weighing up to 10 pounds on a regular basis and up to 20 pounds on an occasional basis. Manual dexterity and coordination are required over 75% of the work period while operating equipment such as computer keyboard, mouse, 10-key calculator, phone, and similar machines.
EOE. To apply please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.