Title: Chief Operations Officer (COO)
FLSA Classification: Salary Exempt
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
An inspired and inspiring leader who sees the dedication of an organization in serving individuals, families, and children with special needs as a significant and meaningful mission to support. Manage and provide strategic leadership and oversight to assigned departments: Facilities (Property Management, Food Services, Guest/Housekeeping Services), Human Resources, Legal and Compliance, Worldwide Communications, Philanthropy, Program Enrollment, Mailroom. Participate in the general management of the organization in close support of the CEO.
Essential characteristics include optimism, warmth, energy, and the ability to deeply care yet still be committed to professionalism and excellence.
Key areas of responsibilities:
• Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes internal and external. Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operation condition of the company.
• Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes, including the implementation of plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the growth objectives of our organization.
• Motivate and lead a high-performance management team; attract, recruit and retain required members of the executive team not currently in place; provide mentoring as a cornerstone to the management career development program.
• Oversee all reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate federal, state, Option Institute standards and regulatory requirements.
• Provide all information and reports to the CEO and Board of Directors as requested.
• Previous experience in the role of COO preferred.
• Must have strong business knowledge and experience with the ability to provide reports and analysis of financial position and forecasts, develop and implement strategic plans within context of the larger picture.
• Skill in planning, organizing, directing and coordinating a wide variety of activities; developing, implementing and communicating policies and procedures; implementing fiscal management policies; analyzing data, making sound recommendations and adopting effective causes of action; working persuasively and tactfully with supervisors and line staff; communicating effectively both in oral and written form.
EOE. To apply: email cover letter and resume to email@example.com