Title: Network Administrator
FLSA Classification: Hourly Non-Exempt
Reports to: IT Director
Overall responsibility: Maintains computing environment by identifying network requirements; installing upgrades; monitoring network performance.
Key areas of responsibilities:
• Network Configuration
• Network Maintenance
• Network Troubleshooting
• Domain maintenance
• DNS maintenance
• WSUS maintenance and scheduling
• Project Research
• Antivirus Administration
• Configure WiFi
• Phone Troubleshooting
• Troubleshoot WiFi
• Expanding Virtualized Infrastructure
• Reorganizing/Re-cabling Server Rack
• Expanded Wireless Coverage for Staff
• Domain Rename
• Full Network Map
• Purchase order writing
• New user creations
• User terminations
• Manage user permissions
• User password management
• Basic user training
• Advanced user training
• Researching technologies for other departments
• Malware/Virus removal
• Determining how a machine was infected with malware/virus
• Maintaining up to date equipment that meets our end user software and hardware needs
• Long distance calling code management
• Remote user support
• Wireless network troubleshooting (woodland, ravine, arbor, taylor roy, etc.)
• Supporting our Clients while they are on campus
• Asset management/tracking
• Hardware troubleshooting
• Application troubleshooting (goldmine, outlook, pc entry, etc.)
• Application management (goldmine, outlook, etc.)
• Respond to Tickets
• Perform other duties as needed
Maintains OI Standards to include:
• Maintain positive client and staff relationships.
• Respond appropriately to client inquiries and concerns to ensure total satisfaction.
• Reach out to IT Director for any IT issues or needs that are out of the ordinary.
• Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments.
• Follow the Standards for Option Institute Staff.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Associates Degree preferred
• Network performance tuning
• LAN knowledge
• Network design and implementation
Physical Requirements and Work Environment: In this position a varied amount of sitting, standing, walking, bending and lifting is required. This position requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs on occasion.
EOE. To apply: email cover letter and resume to email@example.com