Title: Human Resources Generalist
FLSA Classification: Hourly Non-Exempt
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
The HR Generalist will be responsible for the hiring process – recruitment through onboarding, assist in benefits administration, assist in employee relations; as well as monitoring compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
Key areas of responsibilities:
- Manage the recruiting process: ensure the completion of the personnel requisition process, with the assistance of the hiring managers develop job descriptions and write advertisements, screen and select candidates, conduct phone and on-site interviews, work with hiring managers to select candidates, conduct reference and background checks, make offers and prepare offer letters and agreements; complete all administrative documentation and data entry; manage on-boarding and termination process.
- Prepare and maintain employment records
- Assist in the implementation of new policies; provide guidance and interpretation of HR policies with staff.
- Ensure standardization and consistency of human resources practices in compliance with applicable federal, state and local employment laws.
- Provide day-to-day guidance and coaching to all employees, assist in the facilitation of collaborative problem-solving strategies to resolve employee relations issues through effective communication, work closely with management and employees to improve work relationship, build morale, increase productivity and retention, and provide managers with feedback and problem-solving support.
- Assist in the maintenance of the employee handbook and other training informational materials.
- Assist in the administration of all Institute benefits.
- Conduct exit interviews, perform analysis feedback and report findings.
- Assist with in-person registration (minimum of 8 times per year)
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 1-3 years human resources generalist experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Human Resources Certificate course or studying for SHRM-CP or PHR a plus.
- A solutions-driven, progressive HR mentality, knowledge with aspects of employee relations, knowledge of management strategies and techniques.
- Maturity, discretion, and sound judgment in managing complex decisions and handling sensitive information, coaching, facilitation, and conflict resolution skills, analytical, organizational, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Comfort navigating ambiguity and ability to multi-task and prioritize work within a fast-paced, fluid environment.
- Ability to work independently; and to collaborate and communicate with colleagues and quickly establish productive and credible working relationships.
- Meticulous attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiar with human resource and legal terminology.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office.
EOE. To apply please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.