Parenting Protocol – Love, Guide, Let Go 5 CD Series
Love, guide, let go
Parenting… it’s a journey we walk from the first moment we meet our children to the moment we die. AND… even after we are gone, our parenting legacy lives on through our children. At first, we begin this journey, often experimenting with different styles to find our way. Sometimes, we stumble, we fumble, we slip and trip, we do it imperfectly. We have the best of intentions. But… wouldn’t it be wonderful to have a step-by-step Parenting Protocol that allowed us to create the parent/child relationship of our dreams? The Option Institute’s Parenting Protocol will show you how.
- Parent by intention. Know your intention in each parenting moment and move toward what you want, with a laser-sharp focus. Gain tools to create consistency in your parenting that will pave a clear path for your child/children to follow.
- Be the CEO (without apology or regret). Learn to take ownership. As the parent, you want to be easy and open and be able to instruct as well as “negotiate” so your child feels acknowledged. At the same time, you, as the parent, also sets the standards of behavior (as CEO). Even if your child protests that does not negate your vision or authority.
- Model what you want. What we do (how we behave as parents) is what we teach. Our children look to us as role models of how to be in the world. Learn to be an active demonstration of how you would like them to be (loving, thoughtful, respectful, kind and communicative).
- Love first, act second. Learn simple principles of how to express love and let go of expectations so you can enjoy the child that is currently in front of you.
- Give only what you want. Often as parents, we act from what we believe are our obligations. Indeed, we have accepted the guardianship and deep caring for our children. Receive guidance about the difference between performing from obligation and acts of giving from love. Learn to inspire your children to sincerely feel and express gratitude.
- Be authentic: This is the key to closeness and trust. We will show you how to be open about yourself, acknowledge your imperfections and for your children to be open with you.
- Make happiness (not unhappiness…) the motivator. Discover how our children’s unhappiness does not need to negate our vision as a parent. We do not have to save our children from their unhappiness (although, most of us, believe that is one of our essential roles). Learn a new way to foster happiness as a motivator and extinguish support for our children that could actually encourage unhappiness as an expression and motivator for them to get what they want.
|Also available at:|